The Wings Over Camarillo Air Show and The City of Camarillo are Commemorative Partners in the Department of Defense Vietnam War Commemoration.
Please join us on Saturday August 19th or Sunday August 20th at our Veteran’s Tent sponsored by Kirby Subaru of Ventura for a special Vietnam War 50 Year Commemoration event at the Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, presented by California Aeronautical University. Around the country, venues are honoring veterans of the Vietnam War with a Vietnam Veteran Lapel Pin – A Lasting Memento of the Nation’s Thanks and special events honor Vietnam Veterans! Living United States veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the period of November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975, regardless of location, are eligible to receive one lapel pin.
The Commemorative Objectives are:
- To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action, for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non governmental organizations that served with or in support of the Armed Forces.
- To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
To find out more about Vietnam War Commemoration events going on around the country, visit: www.vietnamwar50th.com.
In order to participate at the WINGS OVER CAMARILLO AIR SHOW event, you must have registered by August 10th, 2017. If you would like to know of other events the City of Camarillo is having for Vietnam Veteran’s, please contact the City. If you registered but didn’t receive your confirmation, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.